(Title will be based on experience level)
Job Type: Full-time – Hybrid (this is NOT a fully remote position) | Salary: 90 – 100K based off of experience
Seeking an experienced and trained Senior Accountant to oversee general ledger accounting, perform month-end closing procedures, and establish more efficient accounting procedures.
Responsibilities include reconciling bank statements and various account balances, preparing and entering journal entries, documenting general ledger balances, providing supporting documentation to independent auditors, and establishing/improving month-end close procedures.
A successful candidate combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles and computer skills to analyze accounts, transactions, and financial reports. The ideal candidate will also have experience collaborating with other accounting personnel and management
Reporting Relationship: The Senior Accountant reports directly to the VP of Production Finance.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Reconcile month-end account balances including cash, accounts receivable, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, accounts payable, accrued expenses, debt, and other assets & liabilities
- Make appropriate accounting entries and journal entries
- Prepare and monitor bank transactions
- Assist with collections
- Forecasts short-range and long-range cash requirements and obligations, as a basis for maintaining adequate funds.
- Develops and recommends budgets. Authorizes expenditures in accordance with budgets. Approves expenses of subordinates.
- Analyze financial information and prepare ad hoc financial analysis and reports
- Work closely with Production Accountant to support Job cost reporting
- Proactively research and resolve problems encountered
- Keeps senior management informed of the company’s performance and provides advice on all financial matters.
- Assists in the analysis of new ventures to attempt to quantify the risk-return relationships.
- Assist in providing information to outside auditors and tax accountants
- Suggest ways to improve efficiency in accounting procedures and operations
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP
- Perform additional related duties as needed
Required Skills and Expertise
- Minimum of 5+ years of Accounting experience (accounting operations and/or audit)
- Experience in project-cost accounting and/or creative or construction a plus
- Public accounting experience a plus
- ERP experience desired
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- BS degree in Accounting or the equivalent; CPA is a Plus+
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with ERP systems / accounting software
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Highly motivated, focused and results oriented
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail. Proven analytical skills and the ability to synthesize conclusions clearly
- Fact based approach and willing to understand the detail of the business and its transactions
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and understand when to escalate potential issues. Ability to manage multiple tasks according to required deadlines. Flexibility to switch gears with little notice
- Maintain composure under high stress conditions
- Ability to be optimistic, positive and supportive in all interactions with others
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal contacts, and to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy; must be team player
- Sound communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with operating management, with a strong service orientation. Capable of explaining issues and recommending solutions.
- Proactive, self-motivated and action oriented
- Fiercely Passionate about studio culture and team morale
- Interested in helping to further build the studio by improving existing, and developing new processes and workflows
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.